Who Is Eligible to Participate?
- All current FSP members are eligible to participate in the Membership Growth Initiative.
Who Counts and Doesn’t Count as a New Member Recruit?
- Individuals who qualify for Regular, Young Professional, or Associate Membership who have never been a member of FSP; and ”former” members who have been out of FSP membership for over 2 years will count.
- To be eligible for Regular membership an individual must hold one of these designations or degrees: AEP®, CASL®, CEBS®, CFA®, CFP®, ChFC®, CIMA®, CLF®, CLU®, CPA, CPC, CPCU®, CTFA, Enrolled Actuary, JD, Graduate degree in Financial Services (MBA, MS, MSFS, MSM, PhD), REBC®, RHU®, RICP.
- Young Professionals must meet eligibility criteria of Regular membership and be age 40 or younger.
A person may qualify for Associate membership if he/she is a financial service professional, is recommended by a regular member in good standing of the Society of Financial Service Professionals, AND meets ANY of the following criteria:
- Has a minimum of five years’ experience in a financial service-related field, such as life insurance, accounting, estate planning, financial planning, retirement planning, charitable planning, trust management, investment management, wealth accumulation planning, etc.
- Is enrolled in an educational program leading to the attainment of one of the credentials/degrees meeting the eligibility requirements of regular membership.
- Holds a Series 6, 7, 63, 65, or 66 securities license.
- Note: Student and FSP Community Guest memberships do not count for the Membership Growth Initiative, nor do full-time professors who become members under the University Partners Program.
- Note: Persons recruited in previous years do not count for the Membership Growth Initiative.
How Are Referrals/Recruits Tracked?
- Tracking occurs through the “REFERRED BY” field on all Membership Applications and the online Application at www.SocietyofFSP.org.
- The recruiter’s name must be entered in this field on applications or mentioned when joining by phone.
What Is the Timeframe?
- Any new recruit will apply to your next renewal.
If you have any further questions, contact Member Services at 800-392-6900, or e-mail to info@SocietyofFSP.org.