Thursday, October 31, 2019
Posted by: Anne Rigney
For release: Immediately
Contact: Erica Parker, 336-396-0277
Greensboro FSP Chapter & East Market Street Seventh Day Adventist Church Present Financial Literacy Program
GREENSBORO, NC—Achieving Financial Security (AFS) – an outreach program designed to provide underserved communities with access to reliable information on building financial well-being – will be held on November 5, 2019, from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm at the East Market Street Seventh Day Adventist Church (1802 E. Market Street, Greensboro, NC 27401). All are welcome to attend this free event, which consists of consumer information only, not sales presentations.
AFS, spearheaded by the Greensboro Chapter of the Society of Financial Service Professionals, brings together a multidisciplinary panel of experts to ensure participants are provided with comprehensive financial guidance. Topics for the November 5th focus are focused on the needs of teenagers, young adults, and their parents and include:
• What key steps should a parent take as soon as their child turns 18?
• What can parents and students do to better manage student loan debt?
• When should new drivers get their own auto insurance; when is it better to stay on a parent’s policy?
• How can we protect ourselves from bank and credit card fraud?
• What do young adults need to have in place when they movie into an apartment?
• How can young couples prepare financially to start a family?
“This is our fourth AFS program since 2017,” stated Greensboro President, Vaishali Shah, CFP, MBA, of Piedmont Trust, “and it has truly become a labor of love to be able to share our expertise with the community and to collaborate with the Seventh Day Adventist Church.”
“The FSP Greensboro members feel humbled and privileged to be welcomed by the SDA congregation and to be trusted to address their financial issues and concerns,” added Ms. Vaishali.
For more information on the program and how you can participate, contact Erica Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Greensboro Chapter of Society of FSP is a community of credentialed professionals across disciplines in financial services.